Publication of the study on the Ecosystem of economic opportunities for young people
This report presents a synthesis of an evaluation of the current framework of economic opportunities and challenges for young people in Senegal and the interventions currently under way. In addition to documentary research and in-depth analysis, multi-stakeholder interviews and group discussions were conducted.
- The labour market is strongly constrained by demand.
- Widespread disparities continue to hamper efforts to make the labour market more inclusive.
- Senegal has a strong policy framework that guides national development, but needs to improve coordination of policy development and implementation.
- Access to finance is hampering the setting-up of businesses by young people.
- Five sectors appear to be concentrating the most promising economic opportunities for youth employment and entrepreneurship.